Thursday, April 24, 2008

Entrelac sock woes

Rip and learn

The entrelac sock was moving right along. Note the operative verb was. I turned the heel and was happily continuing with the foot.


I proudly showed my work in progress to Velva who, after admiring it , kindly pointed out that the transition from the closing triangles to the heel flap was not very neat and the stitches were very loose, thus creating holes. This picture is a little out of focus but you can see the holes from the loose stitches.

Thank you very much Velva.

She was having the same problem with hers and was agonizing over the ways to fix it. Well I was not fixing mine. I was already on the foot! Who cares aboout a few loose stitches? They're okay.

The Velva figured out that if you pick up the stictch right below it and knit the two stitches together that will tighten it up and solve the problem. Presto. No more holes. Nice and neat.

Rip and learn.


No comments: