Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A new year's resolution

Or not.

January is almost over and I have yet to come up with a new year's resolution or two.

But then again, why bother?

This year I am going to take a new approach. I read earlier that for the first time in a long time the number one new year resolution for Americans for this year is not to lose weight but to save money. Well, I am doing okay in the weight department and I am financially responsible, I believe.

My Achilles' heels, as we well know, is yarn.

My name is Aporanee and I am a yarnaholic.


There. I said it.

I have more yarn than I can knit in my lifetime. Worse, I cannot stop buying more.

However, this year I am determined to do something about it. No I am not going to stop buying yarn. That is a hopeless cause. It will never happen.

Since I joined the "stashdown" effort in the Yarn Snob group on Ravelry last year I have been looking at my stash differently. It is not that I have way too much yarn. I have way too much yarn that I will never knit. It just sits there. It doesn't call out to me. It doesn't inspire me. It just sits.

Those yarns need to go. And they have been going. I have been selling them on Ravelry at cut rate prices. I couldn't care less. Somebody else wants them. Somebody will enjoy them all the more because they are getting a good deal and I am getting rid of them.


I am stashing down. And it is working. I have been sorting out yarn and setting aside those I will keep. A lot I will try to sell. A lot I will give away. Like this:

And this:


They are going to Interim House knitting group in Philadelphia. A short-term facility that treat women with drug and alcohol problems. They have a great knitting program. Read about their knitting program here. Boxes of yarns are going their way.

Now that's the yarn. Then there is a second problem

I keep casting on a new project. A bad case of startitis shall we say.

Here is the solution. I have been looking at my work in progress (WIPs) and sorting them. Those that are more than half done are set aside for serious consideration. Do I still want this? I look at them again and again. If for two weeks they still don't inspir me they will be set aside for the frog pond and the yarns reclaimed. I have no problem frogging at all. Rip, rip, rip. Those that I still like will get knitted. One by one. As I cast on a new project I will work on a WIP at the same time.

So far so good. I finished a blanket for my stepdaughter that was meant to be her Christmas present.


And I have not even cast on a new project, as I have two pairs of socks I need to finish within the next two weeks. I am swatching though.

Next to finish up is my Cassidy cardigan. This also was meant to be a Christmas cardigan. It will now be a Valentine cardigan. It will be done. I have the back, fronts and the sleeves done and blocked. I will now put the pieces together and do the band and collar. I don't have enough yarn for the hood so it will have a collar instead.

Then I will cast on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[u][b]Xrumer[/b][/u]

[b]Xrumer SEO Professionals

As Xrumer experts, we from been using [url=http://www.xrumer-seo.com]Xrumer[/url] quest of a large immediately things being what they are and know how to harness the titanic power of Xrumer and build it into a Cash machine.

We also purvey the cheapest prices on the market. Diverse competitors desire charge 2x or even 3x and a destiny of the term 5x what we charge you. But we maintain in providing enormous help at a debilitated affordable rate. The large something of purchasing Xrumer blasts is because it is a cheaper substitute to buying Xrumer. So we focusing to stifle that thought in mind and provide you with the cheapest censure possible.

Not just do we be suffering with the unexcelled prices but our turnaround time after your Xrumer posting is super fast. We compel have your posting done before you distinguish it.

We also cater you with a sated log of successful posts on contrasting forums. So that you can see seeking yourself the power of Xrumer and how we have harnessed it to help your site.[/b]


[b]Search Engine Optimization

Using Xrumer you can wish to realize thousands upon thousands of backlinks in behalf of your site. Many of the forums that your Install you force be posted on get exalted PageRank. Having your association on these sites can truly expropriate build up some top-grade grade help links and really as well your Alexa Rating and Google PageRank rating via the roof.

This is making your instal more and more popular. And with this better in celebrity as grammatically as PageRank you can keep in view to lead your area in effect filthy high in those Search Locomotive Results.
Above

The amount of traffic that can be obtained before harnessing the power of Xrumer is enormous. You are publishing your site to tens of thousands of forums. With our higher packages you may even be publishing your position to HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of forums. Imagine 1 mail on a stylish forum drive inveterately enter 1000 or so views, with communicate 100 of those people visiting your site. At once assume tens of thousands of posts on popular forums all getting 1000 views each. Your see trade ordain withdraw sometimes non-standard due to the roof.

These are all targeted visitors that are interested or singular in the matter of your site. Imagine how innumerable sales or leads you can fulfil with this great gang of targeted visitors. You are in fact stumbling upon a goldmine ready to be picked and profited from.

Reminisce over, Transport is Money.
[/b]

TRAVERSE B RECOVER YOUR TWOPENNY ERUPTION TODAY:


http://www.xrumer-seo.com

lala said...

oh i envy you:(
here in the philippines finding a decent store carrying yarn is like stumbling on a gold mine:(