Thursday, August 11, 2011

Feling fun


When you wash fleece, you take time to make sure that you don't accidentally felt the darned thing.


Deliberately shrinking your wooly knitted thing is entirely different, and so much fun!


Last year I made myself a pair of Felted Clogs. I felted them at my friend Ann's house since I don't have the top-loading washing machine needed for felting. She liked them so much I decided to make her a pair for her birthday this year.


Here's the "before" picture:


And just to give you a perspective. That's my foot in it:
After two cycles in the washing machine on hot wash and cold rinse, with a tennis shoe thrown in to help with the agitation:


Presto!

Magic!

Just don't try this with a sweater!.

1 comment:

bail bonds said...

I have a couples reserved, for the winter season of course.