Friday, September 30, 2011

Too Close for Comfort

It was about two in the afternoon when I looked out my kitchen window and saw this:

At first I thought it was a fox, but foxes have bushy tails and are much smaller.


The neighbors confirmed it: a coyote.


In my backyard.


I called animal control who told me to keep an eye on him. They don't respond to just a "wildlife call," but if the animal appears to be injured or rabid they will come take care of it.


Usually such animals are nocturnal so when they are out in daylight it usually means they are injured or rabid. Not a good news.


I am keep an eye on my backyard. And hope the squirrels stay up in their house.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm...Fox. Sarcoptic mange a.k.a. scabies. Not good.

K Noble said...

Its a fox with mange for sure poor thing. Talk to a vet and see if that makes him dangerous I would show the pic.