Tuesday, March 13, 2007

No it is NOT a beach umbrella

Honestly, this is not a beach umbrella.






This is my pinwheel sweater. I am knitting it in Noro Kureyon #52. It was a fun knit and was going pretty fast. Round and round I went until I got to the garter stitch edge with over 500 stitches each round! It then slowed down considerably. I will plod along though. I have no idea what it will look like or whether it will fit. I googled it and found an old knitalong in which everybody was happy with their sweater. No pattern error was posted. I decided to increase until I got 40 stitches for the armhole opening, though. At 4.5 stitches to the inch I found a 30-stitch armhole opening way too small. I took it off the needle a couple of time to lay it out and see what it looks like/how it has grown and so forth. So far so good. I like the pattern, the yarn and the color very much. Can't wait until I get to the I-cord edging/bind off!



Spring has finally come to Northern Virginia:





It's time to get out in the yard and plan the gardens. See you later.

1 comment:

Vouray said...

I heart your beach Umbrella!