Thursday, April 05, 2007

Must knit immediately

I cam across this pattern in Debbie Bliss's latest book "Rialto" and did a back flip.



I have to have this sweater. Never mind five other projects on the needles. It is called Juliet and is knitted with Debbie Bliss's new yarn Rialto, an extra fine merino. I don't want a wool sweater, even though there are several other patterns in the book that I will knit with wool. But not this one. I want to knit it now and wear it now. And summer is coming. This one will be done with Classic Elite Classic Silk. I cast on. It doesn't look much like anything yet since it is knitted in one piece to the underarm in garter stitch. Knit, knit and knit.


I have not abandoned the Penny jacket. I got the two front panels done.


I went ahead and knitted up the back just to realize I needed to pick up more stitches. Ribbed it. It will rest for a couple of days while to tackle Juliet. Maybe next week.

Happy Easter and happy knitting



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Debbie Bliss pattern. I want to knit it too.

Phyl said...

I can't wait to see that pattern. What's the gauge? I might make it in linen.