Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm seeing red

And loving it.
All of a sudden I see red everywhere.

My Tart Cassidy is moving right along. I finished the back.


The color came out way to purply. It is a gorgeous, deep, rich red. This is the first time I work with MadelineTosh yarn and I am loving it. And the red. In fact I love the Tart so much that I got it in sock weight.


And in lace weight.

Now that is the most true of the colorway.
And that's not the only red I acquired. I got a skein of Have You Any Wool Lux Sport in Rage.

That's merino-cashmere-nylon. This is going to be Morgan. In fact I want to make one in the dark blue Traveler yarn I got from the Sanguine Gryphon for Carl as well.

Another merino-cashmere I got was from Squoosh Fiber Arts. True Love merino-cashmere in worsted weight.


I am debating whether I should make this into a Dream in Color shrug or a textured shawl.

But I haven't forgotten my blues. Here are two skeins of Sundara sock yarn that I got from a fellow Raveler.


Tosh sock in Stovepipe.


And to top it off, an alpaca roving from the Sanguine Gryphon.


That's it! I have exhausted the yarn budget for this year. Now knit, knit, knit. Spin, spin, spin. So much stash in I have to work at stash out!


No comments: