Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Still seeing red

And a bit of blue, too.

The Cassidy cardigan is moving right along. I finished the two front pieces.

I can't seem to get the color. It is a much nicer, deeper red. I will try to take it outdoors today weather permitting. Anyway, on to the sleeves now. I love this yarn. The Madelinetosh and Dream in Color are now my two most favorite yarns.

Another not-quite-so-red sweater I am working on is the Urban Aran Cardigan for my sister. I am knitting this in Dream in Color Chinatown Apple. The pattern calls for a bulky yarn -- 15 stitches per four inch. I am knitting it in DIC worsted at 18 stitches. I am making size large to get a medium. It will need some serious blocking but I think this will work. DIC blocks out beautifully.

Here is the front

The back looks equally interesting!

Maybe I can try a reversible cardigan.

Another red project is my holiday vest. Trudging along slowly.

Just the lower part of the front left.

On Sunday I took a class from Nancy Bush at one of my LYS -- Nature's Yarn. It was an introduction to Estonian lace knitting. We made this little sampler.

I learned how to make the nupps -- that's the little bobble-like thingie that makes up the lily of the valley pattern. And lace cast-on and off. Really neat. It took away my fear of lace knitting. I think it's time to tackle the Swallowtail Shawl.
As if I don't have enough projects at hand, right?

No comments: