Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday update

I have been pretty productive lately.

I finished Julie's Central Park Hoodie. I am very happy with it and hope she will too. I was able to sew the zipper in myself! A major accomplishment.

It was not that difficult as I was afraid. The finished object is very, very nice.

I have about 1,400 yards of yarn left over. The pattern called for 2,900 yards. Search me. There is enough yarn left for a hoodie for me.

I also finished my handspun Lavalette. Another pride and joy.


Needs blocking.

I finally decided on a pattern for my Madelinetosh Tart knitalong. Cassidy. I have had this pattern for all ages. I might put in a zipper instead of buttons too!


Despite the fact that the actual picture is a landscape orientation, blogger brought it in portrait! Oh well, you get the idea. The actual color is more intense than in the picture. Everybody is raving about this yarn and now that I am knitting it I understand why.. It has a very soft hand and is knitting up beautifully. I am alternating two skeins to prevent pooling even though the colors seem consistent throughout.

Another Dream in Color project is in the pipeline. Rogue hoodie for Pom. in Chinatown Apple. Think I will have yarn left over from this project too. Hmm, something wrong with my math here...

No comments: