Wednesday, February 13, 2008

One down

Eight to go

A small ice storm hit Northern Virginia yesterday and my Mobius Easter basket class at the Yarn Barn was cancelled. I ripped out the hood of my basketweave hoodie and redid it. Here is the finished product. Much better.


It fits now. Done. Four skeins of Noro Transitions #21 (from stash, Yeah!!) held with Sublime merino. The original was knitted with a Nasua bulky yarn which is no longer available.

I also decided to cast on the Central Park Hoodie in Knitpicks Main Line. I want a spring/summer hoodie rather than a wool one.


I hope the cotton won't make it too heavy. It is 75% cotton and 25% merino. I never worked with Knitpicks yarn before so this will be an experiment. I will also have only a three-inch ribbing. The four-inch ribbing the pattern calls for is too thick for my liking.

I need to finish the socks.

No comments: