Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In progress

Actually, not much. The two socks are triggering along. In the meantime I got a felting bug after Runty's bed. So I started the Lucy bag.

At first I was using Noro Kureyon alone. But as I was reaching the 120-stich point and starting to come up the side of the bag I realized it was going to be way too small. I was knitting it on size 10 needle and I got the size I want unfelted. Frogged. Started over with Kureyon held with Cascade 220 on #13 needles. It gives me a tweedy effect while maintaing the self-striping pattern Kureyon is famous for. It will be interesting to see how it turns out felted.

The garden is also moving along. The tomatoes are turning.

The squirrel got the first ripe tomato, unfortunately. Those pesky critters are also tearing up part of my newly-sodded lawn. I might have to resort to some serious squirrel repelling measures soon.

The house is also getting a facelift.

I am getting new siding! Yeah!! It will look really nice once it is done. It is on hold for a couple of days right now because they delivered the wrong style of siding. They just started putting it on when it struck me. I had it taken down and now will have to wait for the right siding to be delivered. Story of my life. Another WIP!

No comments: