Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Done!

My favorite four-letter word

Finally, the Central Park Hoodie is done. Except for the buttons, which I hope to pick up today when I go spinning.




The yarn is Main Line from Knit Picks. 75% cotton, 25% wool. I like it very much. This is going to be my go-everywhere-cardigan. I may knit another one in wool for fall/winter. It just needs buttons, which I will pick up today this afternoon when I go spinning.

Speaking of spinning, I knitted a swatch of my spun BFL.

I tried a swatch of Mystic Light but the yarn was too dark. I will find another yarn for that. This is a swatch of Branching Out. The spun yarn is just a tad thicker than a fingering. I still don't know what I am going to do with it. I will probably pick a lacy shawl pattern and try that. How about this:

The Swallowtail shawl. Maybe this summer.
Another FO is a little dress for a granddaughter.

Three more to go. Actually I finished another one but it needs the crocheted flower.

Now about the unfinished objects. I am frogging this:

The Dahlia. First it is too big. This is size small. I was on gauge but it still looks like a tent on me. I also don't like the raglan increase. Somehow it doesn't look right.

I can see one mistake right there! If I did it again I would choose this raglan increase instead.

This is Chic Knits' Eyelet Cardi, which is a DK version of the Sitcom Chic, knitted from the top down. I am knitting it in Sirdar's Calico, a cotton/acrylic blend which, at 170 yds per skein at $5, costs me $30!
I doubt if I will reknit the Dahlia. The extra small might work, but after trying it on I think it is a bit too girly for me. Too sweet.

The new Vogue Knitting arrived at the Yarn Barn last week. I made the mistake of leafing through it.

A supercute tank top/vest. This is Nashua Ecologie Cotton from my stash (yeah!).

Well, that's two projects finished. Two new projects cast on. What else is new?

I cast on a sock.

No comments: