Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Spring is here

I hope!

It's 60 degrees in DC. The Robins and the Morning Doves are back. Crocuses are blooming and daffodils are poking out of the ground. I hope Spring is here to stay and there won't be any surprise. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

At least it is spring at the Yarn Barn. The Spring/Summer collection of Sublime is in. It is, well, sublime.

Organic cotton and cotton/soy. All in sweet spring/summer colors and weight.

Yummy!

Rowan Summer Tweed also beckons.

They look good enough to eat.

I finished the Darcy. It fits perfectly. It is going to be one of my favorite for sure. Perri and I show off our Summer Tweed here.

Another one off the list. I have to finish off the Central Park Hoodie soon. I picked up the cutest Noro book ever.

Thirty patterns! All of them knittable! Check this out!

And this!

I am starting with this:


In Kureyon 149. I ran into a minor problem, however. Well, maybe not so minor. The patter calls for three skeins of Noro Cashmere Island, which has 110 yards each. I am knitting with Kureyon with the same yardage. I ran out of the third ball with the second sleeve and the ribbing yet to be done! There is NO WAY you could do it in three skeins, not even the smallest size. Fortunately I have a fourth skein of yarn. NEVER buy just enough yarn! An extra ball or skein is a good insurance. And you can take it back if you don't use it.

Despite the warming weather winter patterns keep throwing themselves at me. The latest one is this Debbie Bliss:

Silver Belle. I don't have that Vogue Knitting issue, but this is a free pattern available online. But I can't start that now. I am going to Texas to visit the grandchildren in early April. There are some very cute children patterns in the Sublime books suitable for Texas weather and I need to work on that. No casting on for me until some of the kids stuff is done!


No comments: