Monday, August 10, 2009

Ba, Ba, Babette!

Finally, it is on its way.

I put the knitting aside this weekend to work on the Babette blanket.


It was supposed to have been done in May, as it was meant to be a 30th anniversary present for my best friends Pom and Julie. Well, better late than never.


I got all the squres done a while ago.

Noro Silk Garden color 269. It was a lot of fun the crochet all the squares. I kept putting off the assembly, thinking it would be a really tedious job. Finally I sat down this weekend and told myself to get it done.

Boy was I wrong.

Putting the squares together was a lot of fun! It was like playing Legos. The whip stiching was quick and easy and I enjoyed seeing the blanket coming together bits by bits.

So did Runty.

I only have two more panels to stitch. Then the border. Well, Pom and Julie are on vacation and won't be back for two weeks. When they are, their blanket will be ready!

No comments: