Friday, August 21, 2009

It's growing

Stitch by stitch, row by row.

I took the Harald sweater to Uniquities, my LYS, to be sewn up. This is the first time I had somebody do the assembly. It seems like cheating but I hate sewing up the seams and want it done really well. Besides, I am supporting my local yarn store, right?


In the meantime I am progressing very well with the WIPs.

Girasole is growing. I am working on chart D. It is now too big to carry around so it is now evening knitting on the sofa. I really like working with Cascade Eco Wool.


I made a bit of progress in the Central Park Hoodie.

I love this yarn. Dream in Color in Romeo Blue. The two extra skeins came from Eatsleepknit yesterday and I was so glad to see that there is no color variation! I will alternate two skeins to be on the safe side, however. It is going quicker than I expected so that is good news since I have a couple more sweaters in the queue for Christmas list.

Another project that is growing fast is the Rambling Rows blanket.

Five blocks done. 50 to go! The best thing about the project is you knit one block at a time and each row has fewer and fewer stitches as you knit.

The weekend is coming up. What can I start? This, perhaps?


This is Roland, a gorgeous henley from the Rowan book Classic DK Designs for Men and Women. It is knitted in RYC Cashsoft DK. I have been trying to get gauge in Cascade 220 Superwash that I have in stash but it is a tad too big. Either I will make a smaller size to account for the bigger gauge or will break down and buy the yarn. Will mull over that this weekend.

In the meantime Runty is wondering about all this knitting frenzy.


And what is that crazy thing you put around my neck, Mommy?

No comments: