Wednesday, August 19, 2009

FOs

Yeah!!

I finished Ellie's Lavalette shawl.

It is a lot prettier than I expected. And it blocked out very nicely. This was the first time I wet-blocked a project so I wasn't quite sure how to do it. Thanks goodness there wasn't any point to pin out. A good first practice.

I will knit this shawl again. It is very easy (on the point of boring on the stockinette part!) and only takes one skein of sock yarn.

Carl's sweater is also finished. The knitting part, that is.


Not a very good picture. Oh, well. For a while I thought the sleeves wouldn't ever be done. I knitted and knitted and knitted and they were still an inch and a half short. I kniited some more. An inch and a half short! It took forever. But now it is done and ready to be sewn up.

Which brings us to cast-on.


Acrylic!

Presenting the Rambling Rows blanket. This will be a Christmas present for my daughter-in-law Erica and her five kids. Now you see why it is a washable acrylic/wool blend. I want it to be used so the only way to go is acrylic blend. Besides, Erica lives in Texas. No wooly blanket needed there. I got a bit started. Actually the Plymouth Encore is quite nice. A bit splitty but very soft. I found that I quite enjoy knitting with it.

Another Christmas project got underway.

I joined the Central Park Hoodie knitalong on Knitting Daily. The yarn is Dream in Color in Romeo Blue. It is absolutely gorgeous. I had wanted to knit it in Cascade 220 Superwash but when decided to change the yarn after I swatched the Cascade. Even though I got gauge on #8 needles it looks too loose. I like the gauge on the DIC much more. The only thing is I only have 10 skeins that I bought on sale (DIC on sale, imagine that! There went my yarn diet resolution) from the Loopy Ewe. I had meant it for a sweater for Carl. I need more for this CPH for my friend Julie. I decided to gamble and ordered two skeins from Eatsleepknit. (the Loopy Ewe didn't have any more. It was part of their 3rd anniversary sale and it went quick.) I am keeping my fingers crossed that the color will blend that I am able to knit from two skeins alternately. If not, I might have to go to plan c or make a hoodless hoodie.

I have a very ambitous Christmas knitting list. Better get going. How many knitting hours are there in a day?

No comments: